Made for your hands. Mindful to the environment.
OUR ENVIRONMENTAL VISION
Nitrile technology has become a vital contribution to the world’s safety, offering a practical alternative to individuals with latex sensitivity while providing uncompromising protection. With the rapid growth of industries and increased usage from the COVID-19 pandemic, approximately 300 billion disposable gloves will be discarded each year within the U.S. alone.
To reduce the impact of nitrile gloves on our environment, American Protective Products is proud to offer BIO-NIT® Biodegradable Nitrile Examination Gloves in partnership with Uniseal®. BIO-NIT is the first of its kind: An eco-friendlier end-of-life solution to nitrile gloves.
Join American Protective Products today and start on your green initiative and contribute to conserving the environment without compromising safety.
OUR ENVIRONMENTAL VISION
Smarter processes that make a difference to our world.
Out of the Factory
Organic additives are layered in the nitrile gloves, acting as a food source to microbes found within landfills to encourage faster degradation.
BIO-NIT nitrile gloves are used across a wide range of industries, including healthcare, research, cannabis, and more. BIO-NIT technology promises durable gloves that enhance work performance for a variety of applications.
BIO-NIT gloves are disposed in landfills where they attract microorganisms that
consume and break down the gloves, thanks to the organic additives layered in during production.
Into The Landfill
As soon as the gloves are deposited in the landfill, BIO-NIT technology begins to take effect. After 331 days, 85% of the gloves are broken down into natural gases and nitrous soil.
OUR PROVEN TESTING METHODS
Validated Biodegradation Rates
Unlike products that only claim to be biodegradable and eco-friendly, BIO-NIT gloves have been scientifically proven by two different testing methods. Our bio-degradation competence has been verified by US Laboratory to be biodegradable. The test results were based on ASTM D5526 and ASTM D5511 testing methods.
VALIDATED DEGRADATION RATES
- Testing method used to determine the rate of anaerobic bio-degradation materials in accelerated landfill conditions. This test replicates the conditions of a typical landfill environment, such as the type of pressure, limited oxygen, low heat, moisture, and no light exposure.
- Results indicate that 30% of the gloves biodegraded over a course of 202 days, which happens to be 30 times faster compared to conventional nitrile gloves.
- Testing method used to determine the rate of anaerobic bio-degradation materials in high-solids anaerobic-digestion conditions, which replicates the anaerobic digested or landfill bioreactor environment.
- Results indicate that 85% of the gloves biodegraded over a course of 331 days, which happens to be 85 times faster compared to conventional nitrile gloves.
SAFE GLOVES FOR CONSCIOUS USERS
BIO-NIT gloves have passed a number of standardized safety tests based on ISO, U.S. FDA,and Japan Food Sanitation Standards to show that they stand up as a safe, reliable alternative to traditional nitrile gloves. This means that BIO-NIT gloves have beenscientifically proven by the government to be safe for use against skin and food.
Primary Skin Irritation
Dermal Sensitization Study
21 CFR 177.2600
Japan Sanitation Law
Non-Cytotoxic at 10% Extract
Not only have our gloves passed one bio-compatibility test, but five! This means that our gloves are confirmed to be safe for a wide range of applications – including 8 different types of chemotherapy drugs!
UNCOMPROMISED GLOVE QUALITY
With BIO-NIT technology, the degradation process only begins when the gloves are surrounded by microbes present in a landfill environment, ensuring quality for users during use.
- Tensile Strength (MPa) Before Aging: > 18
- Tensile Strength (MPa) After Aging: > 16
- Elongation % Before Aging: > 500
- Elongation % After Aging: > 400
BIO-NIT GLOVE SPECIFICATIONS
- Material: Nitrile
- Color: Violet-Blue
- Cuff: Standard
- Type: Ambidextrous
- Other: Powder-Free
- Length: ≥ 230mm
- Palm: 0.07 ± 0.02mm
- Finger: 0.10 ± 0.02mm
BENEFITS OF BIO-NIT GLOVES
- Safe, eco-friendly nitrile exam glove option to support your facilities sustainability efforts.
- Tested and proven to only be biodegradable in a typical landfill condition.
- Maintain the same properties and shelf-life as conventional nitrile gloves.
- Tested to be safe for use against skin and food contact allowing for many industries to utilize this innovative technology.
Please complete this form
GET IN TOUCH
Interested in placing an order? Looking for a specific PPE line or medical product? Have any questions? Reach out to a member of our team to get answers, request a quote, or learn more.